When the used correctly, the fresh genital ring is more than 99% energetic. Thus fewer than step one woman out of every one hundred exactly who make use of the genital ring as the contraceptive will end up expecting inside the one year.
The brand new ring will often come out naturally, but you can rinse it for the hot water and place it back in as quickly as possible. You will need emergency birth control, depending on how a lot of time it’s been away.
How the ring performs
The latest ring continuously launches oestrogen and you may progestogen, being synthetic sizes of your own hormones which might be needless to say put out by the ovaries. This:
- decrease ovulation
- thickens genital mucus, that makes it more challenging having sperm to obtain because of
- thins the liner of the womb so that an enthusiastic egg are less inclined to implant there
Using the vaginal band
You can begin making use of the vaginal band any moment while in the their menstrual period. Your let it rest in for 21 days, after that eliminate it and just have a great eight-go out band-free crack. You might be protected from maternity during the ring-100 % free split. Then you definitely put a new ring in for the next 21 months.
You will end up protected from pregnancy immediately for those who submit they into first-day of the several months (the original day’s their period). You will never become protected against pregnancy for those who start using they at any almost every other time in your own period. You’ll want to play with a lot more contraceptive (eg condoms) to the first 1 week
You could potentially mention so it together with your doc or nursing assistant to choose whenever might be the greatest time and energy to begin to use the brand new band.
Keeping this new band
- Cut the fresh foil pouch the band is available in to get brand new ring-in when you throw they out.
- That have brush hands, squeeze the newest band between your thumb and you may little finger, and you can softly input the end to your vagina.
- Softly push the fresh new ring up to your vagina until they seems comfortable.
Unlike good diaphragm or limit, brand new band doesn’t need to safeguards your own cervix (the new entry for the uterus) working.
When you can have the ring and it is embarrassing, force it a while further to your vagina. I don’t have the right otherwise incorrect location for that it is, as long as its not awkward.
You need to be in a position to be sure the new band remains truth be told there with your fingertips. If you fail to getting it, however, you’re certain it’s there, see your doc or nursing assistant. The ring try not to score ‘lost’ in you.
Adopting the band has been in your genitals to possess 21 months (3 weeks), you eliminate it. This needs to be on the same day’s new month you to definitely you place it within the.
Removing the ring
- That have brush give, lay a thumb in the genitals and you can hook up they around the side of new ring.
- Softly remove the newest ring out.
- Put it on the foil wallet provided and toss they within the this new container – you international chat should never flush they down the restroom.
Deleting new band might be painless. For those who have people bleeding or pain, or you can not remove it out, inform your doc otherwise nursing assistant instantly.
When you have pulled the newest ring aside, you never set another type of one out of for 7 days (seven days). This is the band-free interval. Maybe you have an occasion-method of bleed during this time. You can still be protected against maternity during these 1 week.
Immediately following seven days in the place of a ring in, you ought to submit an alternative one to. Put the the latest ring-in though you will be nevertheless bleeding. Get off that it ring in for 21 months, up coming repeat the new course.